Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior EmulsionOptima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion is a 100% acrylic emulsion paint especially formulated for superior performance on exterior walls due to its unique water resistant properties against fungi, algae and dampness caused by lashing rain. British Paints Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion has anti-carbonation property ( added structural protection – which does not allow carbon dioxide & chloride ions to penetrate into the structure ) when applied as a system i.e. British Paints Supra Exterior Wall Primer as a base coat plus British Paints Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion as top coat.
- Areas of Application Cement plaster, concrete stone, brick asbestos, cement sheet & all types of building boards
- Caution Not recommended on lime wash
- Viscosity of Supply 10 ± 2 Ps/Rotothinner/30°C
- Thinner Municipal/Potable Water
- Thinner Ratio Paint: water 100:40 by volume for each coat
- Method of Application Brush/Roller
- Primer Acrylic Exterior Wall Primer or on highly absorbent or chalky surface, apply a coat of Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion thinned with water (1:1 by volume) as a self-priming coat to reduce surface porosity and thereby reducing the degree of absorption of subsequent finish coats.
- Spreading Capacity 60- 65 sq. ft./ ltr./2 coats
- Drying TimeSurface dry maximum 1 Hrs. (28°- 30°C & 60 ± 5% R.H.) Recoating period minimum 2-4 Hrs.
- Finish Smooth with Sheen ( under standard test conditions 60oC GH 7 to 8 )
- Shades Available As per Shade Card
You Imagine, We Create
Imagine the possibilities as we’re all set to inspire creativity by putting a colourful spell on your home.
Helps the surfaces stay free off algae and fungus through all seasons.
Helps the surfaces stay free of bacteria through all seasons.
Protects surfaces from carbonation by acting as a carbon dioxide barrier.
Color Retention Property
Shows resistance to color fading with time.
Cool Surface by Upto 5C (Applicable to White & Light shades only)
Inspiring Colour Palettes
If a home is a body, the colour is its soul. Turn any space from drab to fab with a splash of vivid shades.
Explore Our Catalogue
*Explore our categories - Dark shades varies from product to product.
A Complete Colour Guide
Pick the Perfect Colour Tools to Transform your Home.
Directions For Use
Performance of Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion depends on surface preparation & application as outlined below.
- SURFACE PREPARATION Ensure that the surface to be painted is thoroughly clean, dry and free from all loose dirt, chalk, grease, fungi, algae and flaking paint. Any previous growth of fungus, algae or moss needs to be removed thoroughly by vigorous wire brushing & cleaning with water. Freshly plastered surfaces must be cured completely.
- PUTTY Surface imperfections like holes, dents and cracks are to be filled with British Paints Shield Wall Putty.
- PRIMER Apply one coat of British Paints Acrylic Exterior Wall Primer by thinning with water in the ratio of 1:1 by volume. Allow primer to dry for at least 4-5 hours.
- TOP COAT Apply 2-3 coats of British Paints Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion by diluting 1 litre of British Paints Optima 7 Waterproofing Exterior Emulsion with a maximum of 400 ml of water. Keep an interval of 4-6 hours in between two coats.
Extra Colour Supplements
The perfect base, best-suited to fulfil your painting requirements. Explore Now!